Saturday, May 9, 2009

This Little Piggy Goes to Market

Market season has fully started! The Wednesday West Asheville Market has been going since mid April and the Black Mountain Tailgate Market began today at its new location - the First Baptist Church at 130 Montreat Road, a great spot for a market.

Harvesting is slowly beginning on my farm; for market so far I've had Sunflower Shoots, Red Russian Kale, Spring Onions and Baby Leeks. They are all so cute, full of springtime vigor.


Spring Onions


Baby Leeks

I also pulled up five French Breakfast radishes yesterday! These I am saving as a Mother's Day present for my mama (who else?!). But there are more, lots more, to come.

1 comment:

Milkweed said...

I love French Breakfast radishes! We're growing them again this year ... with delight!